Pages

Thursday 26 January 2012

Hobbit Extras wanted (In New Zealand)

Despite the fact a very few of my readers are actually in New Zealand, if you just happen to be then tomorrow there is an open casting call to star as as extra in the Hobbit films.


I will definitely being trying my luck tomorrow with what I can only imagine with be thousands of others. Actually I do have some experience as an actor, ranging from those school plays that everyone is in to actually being an extra for a few New Zealand made television series. There was actually a casting director that was always around my old highschool, who was looking for people to star in "The Tribe" series, which I heard was popular overseas but I never watched it myself. Anyway maybe if fortune smiles on me I can have my visage on screen in the Hobbit for a few seconds, wish me luck!

24 comments:

  1. Wish I could be an extra :\

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember The Tribe. I never really watched it but damn that was a long time ago. Anyway good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd literally die to get the elven role in THE HOBBIT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to be an extra!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the second time some one mentioned the TV show the Tribe! I gotta check that show out!

    Good luck becoming a hobbit! I wish I could try out! (I'd be the worlds fattest hobbit!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that Hagrid in the middle?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I"m so jealous. D: Good luck though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That would be grand. If I was anywhere near there I'd do it. I'm small enough that I'd fit the part. Good luck. Let us know if you get a part!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this can only mean more lord of the rings or the hobbit! omg i cant wait!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!!! What happened?!!? Are you in?? Are you now officially a Hobbit!?!?! OMG!!!

    GOOD LUCK!!!! I hope you have a most wonderful experience whatever happens!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Wishing you the best of luck. Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck, I'll be looking forward to watching The Hobbit. Make sure to report back if you got it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you get it you better be posting pictures so we can see all that's happening behind the scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Got pretty sunburnt from it, got some good pictures ill try to upload later. Ill let you guys know if I get in =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This really makes me wish I lived in New Zealand. Shall have to send my cousins in my place... I hope you get to be a hobbit!!

    The Tribe was one of my fav tv shows when I was in high school. :D It came on one of the weird random extra channels we had when we still paid for satellite.

    ReplyDelete